Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Stuff

For everyone at home that is worried about me based on my last post (mom) and those here that are concerned about my being sick a bit (Sohenjeet, you too!), I am feeling much better, the antibiotics I brought with me seemed to have done the trick. Only now I have slept so much this weekend that I am right back to where I started with the sleeping thing. It's ok though, the extra sleep probably helped my stomach recover.

Back at home, Justin spent the whole weekend at my mom's house, and we finally got the webcam working, it just about melted my heart to see my son for the first time in over a week. Though sadly he is not feeling well himself, he has not eaten in almost 3 days, so I just found out my wife has taken him to the emergency room. I know he will be ok, but I am very worried anyway. For al the parents out there, you know what it feels like to see your child fall ill, it is never any fun, especially at such a young age where they don't understand that they still need to do things like eat and drink even if they don't feel well.

So because I slept away much of the weekend I still have not gotten out much. For the likes of Margaret and Carol at home that will yell at me for seeing none of the country yet, I am planning on heading out to Agra to the Taj Mahal next weekend, and maybe the Red Fort in Delhi as well, Sohenjeet is planning on coming to Agra as well as he has never been there.

Even though I have not really gotten out I do have a couple more photos to toss up, see below.

This one is from my walking to a nearby golfcourse last Friday and crossing the highway. Just wanted to show how common those little 3 wheeled cabs are. Also, can't make it out so well in this picture, but there are pedesrtians alking along the side of the highway as well.










Below is another of those advertisements which I find highly entertaining to see here.










And some native wildlife. I was taking a walk to get some blood flowing last night, and was surprised to see such a large and pretty seashell on the sidewalk, then noticed it was moving. Seems a weird thing to take a picture of, but this snail was huge, at least 3 inches across, just seemed an unusual thing to be crawling across the sidewalk in the middle of the city.










And finially, on a similar note there is this guy. Of course many of us have seen slugs in our gardens or lawns, but rarely are they more than half an inch long, hard to see scale in this photo, but this thing was at least 4 inches long, just creeping along the road.

I promise more interesting stuff once I get to play tourist a bit and see the country next weekend. Hope everyone at home is well. See ya!

No comments: