Friday, June 13, 2008

So I have hit the first roadblock in my travels, having come down with a moderately bad case of Traveler's "Digestive Issues" or Delhi Belly as some call it. While I would not have left work at home due to feeling this way, I made the mistake of telling the guys at work that I was not feeling well, and the manager in the Hewitt office, Sohenjeet, called the hotel and asked them to pick me up early, even though I told him not to. Once again, they all really want to make sure I am ok while visiting their country, which is really sweet. I did make it through 6 hours of the day, and we were a little bit ahead of schedule in training, so we should be ok come Monday, and they continued reading through the training modules without me anyway.
So fortunately I brought some immodium and antibiotics with me, and have two days for them to do their thing. (Mom, I will be fine, please don't worry, if I do need a doctor or something the hotel will call their staff doctor, but again, I'll be fine)
Since my flight got in at almost 3AM last Sunday, was actually planning on just relaxing at the hotel this weekend, and take care of a couple of things. Assuming I am feeling better after I wake up later, still want to try to find a grocery store and buy some snacks and detergent and stuff. Also found a golf course that is literally right around the corner from the hotel, might go badly whack some golf balls later today (assuming I can go more than 30 minutes without needing a toilet....sorry if that is gross).
Anyway, that's about all for now. Looking forward to meeting up with the other Lincolnshire associate tomorrow, he is supposed to be here late tonight.
OK, just a couple more pictures. Everyone at home is asking me if I am eating ok, actually just like the people here are asking :) So took a picture of one of the room service meals, traditional Indian..........fish and chips:)











And below we have the team from the Gurgaon office, from left to right (I think I finally have the names right, so sorry guys if I put someone in the wrong order): Jyoti, Divya, Shelly, Smirti, Pryanka, Me, Sachin, Sohenjeet, and Jatin (also may have misspelled some names, will correct after I get to the office).


They are a wonderful bunch, all so eager to learn, and very upbeat and positive, they even look happy for 1AM on Saturday morning:) Anyway, that is really it for now, until next time.....

1 comment:

Tsunami said...

Hey am gonna miss you Brian and ya i learnt a lot ... not only H&W but also the ratings ...haha... Lol